ARTVET (2022-2023) Erasmus+ Programme
Augmented Reality in Teaching in Construction Vocational Training for Employment
Designation: ARTVET. Augmented Reality in Teaching in Construction Vocational & Educational Training (VET) for Employment
Project: Belonging to the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, call 2022, of the Key Action 2 of the Small-scale partnerships in vocational education and training.
Identification of the project: 2022-1-DE-02-KA210-VET-000080803.
Duration: 30 months, since September 2022 until March 2024.
Budget: 60.000,00 €.
Coordinator: Bildungszentren des Baugewerbes E.V. -BZB- (Germany)
Partners: Fundación Laboral de la Construcción (Spain), Berufsforderungswerk Der Bauindustrie NRW GGMBH (Germany), Westdeutscher Handwerkskammertag (Germany), Gospodarska Zbornica Slovenije (Slovenia), Istituto per L' Istruzione Professionale dei Lavoratori Edili della Provincia di Bologna (Italy), Scuola Costruzioni Vicenza Andrea Palladio (Italy), Centre Ifapme Liege Huy Verviers ASBL (Belgium), Wekit Experience Capturing Solutions Limited (Ireland).
Website: Coming soon.
Social Networks: Coming soon.
In a global context ARTVET is a reflex to the changing needs in work life, where in the near future approximately 9 out of 10 jobs will require at least simple but up to advanced digital skills and competences according the factsheet/infographic "The Digital Skills Gap in Europe" of the European Commission.
ARTVET focusses on an emerging technology - AR - in VET, including AR and data related skills and support development of AR leaning resources extending the digital opportunity trainingship to VET learners and offer professional development opportunities for teachers, trainers and other VET-staff. AR will be one facet to go the next step to innovate construction VET.
The objective of this project is to convey AR aspects at an early stage to VET-staff and thus diffuse it into in iVET and cVET on the mid term. The motivation of all partners is to go ahead and explore how this technology (AR, but also mixed extended technologies "XR") could be exploited in construction VET.
Through ARTVET this approach is attempted by focusing on European priorities such as:
- Approaching the digital transformation through the development of digital readiness, resilience and empowerment. In this sense, ARTVET promotes the use of augmented reality in training. ARTVET addresses the adaptation of VET to the needs of the labour market in the construction industry and innovation in the application in VET to meet the digital and technological challenges in the use among other technologies such as augmented reality.
- Contributing to innovation in Vocational Training for Employment. ARTVET promotes digital innovation in VET classrooms, increasing training and professionalisation in order to meet the needs and opportunities demanded by the labour market. ARTVET contributes to innovation in VET, as well as to the development of digital content, applying digital technologies and practices through the introduction of Augmented Reality (AR) in VET.
The topics addressed by the ARTVET project that are of interest in Europe are: digital content, technology and practices; as well as competence development and digital skills.
With ARTVET we will try to create a network of AR-applying VET-centres.
ARTVET pursues a capacity building in VET-centres by enriching their scope of VET-offers and taking the next step in digital VET evolution.
Targeted groups in this project are VET-staff. VET-trainers (iVET) / VET-lecturers (cVET) are indirect target groups. The consortium is composed by , in one hand, we have 7 VET-centres from the construction branch in this, which operate daily with real customers on local and regional scope; plus a chamber organisation, which aims at multiplying the emerging technique "AR" also into VET areas beyond construction.
The motivation of all partners is to go ahead and explore how this technology (AR, but also mixed extended technologies "XR") could be exploited in construction VET.
The partnership intends to introduce these emerging technologies (AR) in its services both in schools and for teachers and trainers (iVET and cVET) and to familiarise and identify the necessary means to introduce new digital processes and modes within VET.
The consortium as a whole will benefit from the academic developments of the project's technology partner and will consider the adaptation of these to the real needs and capabilities of a training centre. On the other hand, the technology provider will transfer its knowledge from its research and development.
The aim of this project is to convey the aspects of AR at an early stage to VET staff and thus to disseminate it to teachers and trainers in the medium term.
- The aim is to gather the pre-requisites needed by VET staff to implement AR in training centres. This information will be collected through surveys.
- Create a network of VET centres using AR in the classroom.
- Conducting workshops to be attended by the VET staff in the project, in order to get a deeper insight into the possibilities and limits of Augmented Reality (AR). There are a total of 3 workshops of a minimum of 4 hours duration. These sessions are delivered by technical partner WEKIT-ECS through its main technical application MirageXR. Through its use with AR, a practical view of the opportunities but also the limitations of AR for VET centres are given.
The consortium made up of different countries in Europe can bring different perspectives, as their starting points are slightly different.
The final results will compile information from Germany, Italy, Spain, Slovenia, Belgium and Ireland and will therefore be a good baseline for drawing some conclusions at European level.
The Nature Based Solutions (NaturBuild) project is co-funded by the European Union's Erasmus+ programme. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Fundación Laboral de la Construcción and neither the European Commission nor the Spanish Service for the Internationalisation of Education (Sepie) are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.